Saturday 30 June 2007

Only A Stones Throw (Part 2)...



Following on from yesterdays post I wanted to post a handful of tracks from J Dilla which in my head I always thought Hip-Hop should sound like. I love the fact that when you stumble across an artist you can tap into the whole back catalogue without having to wait 12 months before you get the latest tunes. Luckily, Hip Hop wasn't openly loved in West Yorkshire so I have a whole genre to explore and post.

When I was younger one of the main albums that was on constantly in my house which was Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' and the soul that I hear on J Dilla's tracks probably makes me think of that album which is pretty much the benchmark for anyone attempting to release music nowadays. Or should be.

Short and sweet - beats that keep you wanting more. God bless J Dilla - truly talented in every sense on the word...

Time
U-Love
Two Can Win
Dilla Says Go


Tags:
Tags:
Tags:
Tags:


No comments:

Post a Comment