Friday 15 June 2007

May God Bless Your Roadtrip



In a late effort to try and get an interesting theme on todays blog I am having to resort to the last 3 tracks played on my iPod shuffle from a quick dash to Glasgow and back today. I simply cannot conjure up anything better in my drained state so as an offering I'm putting up three tunes to counter act my lazy posting.

'Worst comes to Worst' is a a track that I happened upon back in my uni days by stumbling out of bed and catching the end of the video on a now probably defunct, snide cable TV channel which I missed the credits to and didn't find out what the name of the song was for nearly two years. After singing the tune to most of my friends, the majority of whom couldn't be labeled the most enthusiastic hip-hop fans, I happened across Dilated Peoples and rejoiced. A great sample if nothing else.

Second is Lupe Fiasco's 'Hurt Me Soul', which kept me awake as I joined the M60 god bless him and lastly a track from the Nouvelle Vague Presents... compilation reworking Curtis which amused me all the way to my front door.


Dilated Peoples - Worst Comes to Worst

Lupe Fiasco - Hurt Me Soul

The Flying Lizards - Move On Up

No comments:

Post a Comment