Wednesday 13 June 2007

If you really loved me you wouldn't take a million dollars, baby...




In keeping with the tone of squelchy synthy goodness set by Haydn I just had to post my favorite Marvin track from the Here, My Dear album, which was used as his opener in his late 70’s/early 80’s performances.


My illustrious co conspirator makes up the knowledge base of Ugly Talented when it comes to the history behind these tunes which is something I take full advantage of through the abridged versions of that I glean from Haydn’s memory.


Any album that contains ‘Time To Get It Together’ can never be considered throw away regardless of the divorce settlement/alimony payment going through at the time this was made (which raised questions about the quality of the album, especially as his missus was getting the cash from it).


Blows me away every time...




Marvin Gaye – Time To Get It Together

1 comment:

Haydn said...

Awesome choice Tom!

I don't want to hijack your thread but seeing this tune compelled me to bring another dirty ass tune to your attention from Marvin's, ahem, "deviant" phase...

Ego Tripping Out

Post a Comment