Friday 13 July 2007

I don't wanna dance

Christmas 1982 - I was given my first record - a crisp 7" of Eddy Grant's "I Don't Want to Dance" single on ICE with an a capella version on the b-side. Happy days.

Eddy Grant must be one of the most under-rated producers of all time, he had his first number one in 1968 (The Equals "Baby Come Back") and over the next twenty years went on to produce some awesome tracks both solo and with Symarip/Pyramids, Frontline Orchestra and The Coach House Rhythm Section.

Often politically charged and always innovative - this is my chance to give the man the respect he deserves.

The Coach House Rhythm Section - Timewarp

Derek Harriot - Black Skinned Blue-Eyed Boys

Frontline Orchestra - Don't Turn Your Back On Me (Removed on request)

Eddy Grant - My Turn to Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment