Wednesday 12 September 2007

Experimental New York







Suicide have had a quite a bumpy ride all told and yet are clearly an influential band, surviving many guises and I actually have a number of tracks that I would love to post. Alan Vega and Martin Rev have been pushing the boundaries of electronic music for a while but haven't moved from cult to legend whilst some of their counter parts have, themselves never really passing into the pop echelons.

Of course the ones who did (Depeche Mode) made millions and then some didn't (New Order). I've realised that I haven't posted any New Order and given they can easily claim the title one of my favourite band, I've shocked myself. Here's the first.

Suicide - Super Subway Comedian

New Order - Face Up


Tags:
Tags:




No comments:

Post a Comment